And just like that another month has passed us by! Where does the time go?! January was an okay month goal wise. I didn’t meet all of my goals but I made some progress, especially with bringing my own lunch to work.
- Put $500 in the Emergency Fund. YES!! Put in $550
- Bring my own lunch to work everyday. (Have three cheat days to be safe 🙂 ) Not Quite! I know I had more than three cheat days but toward the end of the month I was really on top of this.
- Make a meal plan Nope. No meal plan and I think I am going to take this off of the list because I don’t see it working out.
- Get all of my belongings (especially clothes) super organized YES! I am *extremely* organized!
- Make $50 online. I am scaling this back a bit because with the time I have to pursue my online endeavors this is a more reachable target which gives me more motivation to go for it. Not Quite. My plan was to use Interact Media to earn the majority of this but I accepted and assignment not quite paying attention to the deadline, missed the deadline and then got banned for two weeks. So I made a total of $31.88 in January. $27.42 from this blog and $4.46 from writing!
- Get and stay caught up with my day jobs. Well…I made progress on this but I did decide to quit one job and am looking forward to less stress!
- Keep gas at $50 a week. YES! Averaged $40.01 per week.
- Make $250 online. I am in serious mode now! The plan is to make $150 from writing. I have been applying for staff and ghost writing positions like a mad woman. If I can’t snag one of those I will use interact media for my writing outlet. I hope to make the other $100 off this blog. We’ll see how this goes.
- At least four guest posts on other blogs this month. January was crazy good to me. With only my third month of having this blog I had nearly 12,000 pageviews. This may not be a lot to some but I was ecstatic with these numbers! The high number of visits was credited to my guest posts so I will have to get really serious if I want to reach this number of pageviews again this month.
- Check my stats only once – at the end of the month. This may seem a little contradictory to my previous goal, but I don’t want to become obsessive with numbers. Don’t get me wrong it makes me feel good to know people read my blog but I feel if I get too obsessive with stats that I will be focusing on the wrong thing. I just want to work my hardest and then see at the end of the month if my work paid off.
- Don’t touch my emergency fund. I think I will have enough of a buffer in my checking account plus enough money coming in that I won’t have to dip into this. I doubt I will be able to add to savings this month.
- Shave 20% off of my budget. Bringing my own lunch to work everyday saves me almost 10% of my budgeted amount so I don’t think this will be too hard to do.
- Read at least two books. I am currently working on Quitter by John Acuff Does anyone have any other suggestions?
I didn’t put my two weeks notice in thinking I was going to get rich off the internet – at all. I know the time and effort that has to be put in to see results. I am quitting simply because it will eliminate so much stress from my life, and that’s exactly what I need right now. But I am ready to be more serious. I will give myself three months to see what I can and can’t do then I will decide if I need to pick up more hours at the insurance office.
With that said I plan on getting back on track with my original online income goals. Meaning I need to make $250 this month. If I can do that I will be happy!
Don’t forget to enter my $25 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway!