It’s our girls weekend so I am thinking of another possible trip to Chuck E. Cheese. We seem to go there a lot, but there is no other place we could eat lunch AND have a whole day of fun for $30. (And, I am not going to lie. I am a little addicted to the ticket winning machines. Gotta get those five cents prizes!!)
I also got the girls both big preschool and kindergarten workbooks. They love learning so I am going to assign both of them some “homework.” They love mommy’s pretend school. And, we are going to work on a new Bible lesson. (I am getting those here if you were wondering.)
I also got a new parenting book to read, Positive Discipline for Preschoolers: Raising Children Who are Responsible, Respectful, and Resourceful , by Jane Nelsen.
And a big thanks to Taynia from the Skinny Mermaid for the awesome blog redesign. I noticed a couple other blogs with my same theme pop up so I wanted to differentiate myself a bit.
Great Posts From The Week
Carrie from Natural Mom’s Talk Radio published her new eBook this week : Slash Your Grocery Budget and Eat a Whole Foods Diet with ALDI which you can now purchase on Amazon for $2.99. If you are looking to save money on your groceries and have an Aldi nearby you should definitely consider checking out her book and blog. Congrats to her!
Other Awesome Posts from the Week:
- The Mythical $12,000 Baby @ Mom and Dad Money
- Secrets of the Wealthy: How to Pick the Right Career @Earn More and Save
- Why Invest in Index Funds @Living Rich Cheaply
- Paying Off Debt: How to Rewire Your Financial Mindset @The Frugal Famer
- The Danger of Making Money Your Top Priority @Young Adult Money
- Bees in My Hummingbird Feeder – How to Deal with a Money Crisis @Eyes on the Dollar
Other Places You Can Find Me:
- The Minimalist Guide to Creating a Realistic College Budget @ The College Investor
- 3 Reasons You Should Have an Emergency Fund and How to Get Started @Cult of Money
- Are “Buy Here, Pay Here” Dealerships Right for You? @Money Ning
- Single Moms and Money: Why You Should be Saving for an Emergency Fund @SingleMom.com
As I stated earlier in the week I am finally getting to the point where I can ease off my job search a little bit.
I got two new jobs this week. One is more than just the once a week blog post. It’s actually a virtual assistant/writing job that is supposed to have a lot of available work. The work is pretty easy and it’s pay per task, which is awesome! That means if I can get super fast at the job I stand to make a pretty decent amount of money!
I told you earlier in the week that after you get the first freelance job, other opportunities begin to present themselves. Well, it’s true.
I got an email from an existing client earlier this week who was wondering how much I would charge to ghostwrite an eBook. A few months ago I would be in utter shock and disbelief that someone actually wanted me to write their eBook. Now it seems that I am getting more offers than I ever dreamed of.
I am not trying to brag. I just want to show all of you that if you put yourself out there and stay committed – even when it is painfully tough -good things will happen. Hard work and smart moves pay off!
I also ended up making more online income this week than I did last week. I was pretty happy with how I did last week so I was very grateful to do even better. I hope I can keep it up. I am now over 70% of the way to reaching my $8oo goal for the month! (I’ll let you in on what I made this week on Monday’s email update.)
- Florist Blogger @ProBlogger
- Sports and Betting Blogger @Blogging Pro
- Health Writers @Demand Studios Pay: $35-$50/post
- Online Marketing Blogger @ProBlogger
- 3D Printing Blogger @Blogging Pro
- Financial Blogger @Blogging Pro
- Jewelry Blogger @ProBlogger
- Professional Resume Writer @Craigslist Pay: $300-$900/week
- Technology Writers @ProBlogger
- Comedy Writer @Craigslist
- Nursing Blogger @ProBlogger Pay: $30-$50/post
- Internet Marketing Writer @ProBlogger
- Mobile Tech Blogger @ProBlogger
- College Text Book Editor @Craigslist Pay: $15+ per hour
- Sports Editor @Movoli
- Film Critic @Craigslist
Have a great weekend!